Manning's Shop & Kitchen
Manning's was established in 1946 by Mr and Mrs Manning who reared Jersey cows on nearby pastures. Initially supplying local hotels and restaurants with milk, cream and butter, locals soon started asking for butter for themselves and Manning's was born. The business continued to develop over the years and was taken over by Val Manning in the 1970's just as the West Cork food scene was gaining an international reputation for its produce. Manning's became synonymous with quality and attracted discerning customers from near and far who came flocking for the range of local and international offerings. Val has now taken a well-deserved back seat and his niece, Laura, has taken the helm. Manning's still values its relationships with local suppliers and sources its produce as locally as possible, an ethos that is undeniably apparent through its menus and shelves.